Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Module 4-Mind Map

  • How has your network changed the way you learn?
My network has changed the way I have learned because it has expanded my resource base, it has offered me a multitude of styles in which to gather and apply information and it continues to challenge me to think about information from different perspectives. The places that I go to gather my information continues to expand as I learn more from my pods of communities. I also use sources to save and organize the spaces that I gather information from. I like to apply my learning in unconventional ways, the web and its many networks allow me to discover new ways to share and gather information. One of my new favorite projects to network in is Scavenger, here is a NYTimes article about this APP. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/19/business/19entre.html?scp=3&sq=scvngr&st=nyt
  • Which digital tools best facilitate learning for you?
The best on the list are...Youtube, Prezi, Apps, Twitter and Moodle. I am not sure that I could teach for one day without these...

  • How do you learn new knowledge when you have questions?
I conduct web searches when I am looking for answers. I am usually successful in finding the answer. I am kind of an anomaly in my school when it comes to technology so I usually don't reach out to others, I wish I had a network for that...

3 comments:

  1. Kat-Do you consider yourself more technology savvy than those around you based on your last paragraph? Do you find yourself assisting your co-workers with technology issues a lot, even though you're not the official technology teacher? I plan to check out scavenger now because of you because it seems like a great site for being and keeping organized.

    -Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apps? Like for the iPhone? Reminds me "The Wizard of Apps", especially since Joyce was recently mentioned in our class -> http://k12onlineconference.org/?p=443

    ReplyDelete